Data Manager and Data Specialist for USAID Data Technology Services Project
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
ECODIT is seeking to fill two (2) contingent positions, a Data Manager and Data Specialist, for an anticipated USAID Power Africa project in Pretoria.
Types Of Data Anticipated May Include
These positions will support the tracking and verification of, and provide periodic reporting on, data related to Power Africa transactions and Power Africa activities across Sub-Saharan Africa. Data will primarily be provided by other Power Africa implementing partners, private sector partners, and development partners such as the AfDB.
• Energy project transactions (MW), invested resources, and milestone dates;
• Transmission and distribution line completion, and related transmission support work (e.g. systems, substation construction, and milestone dates;
• Access to electricity (number of connections and estimated associated beneficiaries); and
• The status and impact of various enabling environment issues and reforms (utility performance, regulatory capacity, etc.).
It is expected that the Data Manager and Data Specialist will have experience overseeing data collection from various sources across Africa, inputting data into online tools and excel based databases, technical expertise in data management and visualization, and experience working with myriad stakeholders to ensure that data collected is useful and actionable for development purposes that will lead to tangible results.
The Data Manger and Data Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the Power Africa Tracking Tool (PATT). For more information on PATT and Power Africa, please see this link: https://www.usaid.gov/powerafrica
Specifically, the Data Manager and Specialist will:
• Collect, compile and support data dissemination on transactions, access and electrification interventions, and related enabling environment issues;
• Support Power Africa interagency counterpart, private sector partner, development partner, and implementing partner data coordination, including aggregation and alignment of data and metrics across PA’s primary implementing mechanisms;
• Support tracking and provide monitoring and reporting by:
• Supporting data collection from Power Africa partners;
• Conducting data verification;
• Entering data, as needed, into Power Africa’s tracking systems; and
• Running data reports for the Power Africa Coordinator’s Office.
• Liaise with the Coordinator’s Office, Power Africa field staff, and implementing partners across Power Africa’s various implementing mechanisms (including but not limited to the regional task orders for East Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa, and Off-Grid) to ensure that data is updated, verified, and reported on each month.
• Liaise with the Inter-agency and Development Partner teams to prepare, collect and verify partner transaction and project data and provide analytical support of transaction data by pulling reports and updates from the databases as requested;
• Support the updating of internal and external transaction apps by liaising with the USAID/CIO;
• Support Power Africa’s Coordinator’s Office-led Pillar 1, 2, and 3 (if/as needed) meetings to provide reporting on, and information pertinent to discuss progress on key transactions; and,
• Provide support for the maintenance and updating of Power Africa’s Transactions Watchlist utilizing the data collected above.
• Bachelor’s degree in international development, communications, business, energy, environment, or a related field;
• A minimum of 4 to 7 years (4+ years for Specialist position, 7+ years for Manager position) of experience in data collection and management, especially as it relates to online databases and data collection across diverse geographical regions and stakeholders;
• Technical knowledge of online databases, apps, and other data management systems;
• An aptitude for producing clear, concise, and engaging written content that responds to the client’s parameters under tight deadlines and page limits;
• Prior experience with Power Africa is a plus;
• Fluency in English is required. Other language proficiency (particularly French) is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV immediately. ECODIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only selected candidates will be contacted; no phone calls or emails please.
ECODIT LLC is a leading international development firm with 26 years of experience working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. A U.S. small business, the firm currently holds five USAID Global Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity contracts (IDIQs) in natural resources management (REPLACE), water (WADI), energy (Power Africa IDIQ, Clean Energy IDIQ for Critical Priority Countries [CPCs] and non-CPCs), and urban and local governance (MCW IDIQ). Since 1997, ECODIT has managed multiple complex, multi-year multi-million dollar USAID-funded projects in the clean energy, water, environment and rural tourism sectors, as well as dozens of short-term, rapid-turnaround assignments in nearly 50 developing countries in all regions of the world. More information is available at www.ecodit.com
|Number of Employees||0|
|Detail||ECODIT, is an international development firm working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally-and socially-responsible development around the world. We provide technical assistance services ranging from quick-turnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of long-term multi-million dollar projects. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided more than $100M of professional services through over 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in more than 50 countries. Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the water, energy, environment, and urban and local governance sectors. To serve our clients most effectively, ECODIT has two permanent office locations: one in the Washington, DC area (USA) and one in Beirut (Lebanon). In addition, ECODIT maintains a number of project-dedicated offices around the world; as of July 2017, ECODIT has project offices in Da Nang, Vietnam; Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo; and Almaty, Kazakhstan.|
© Copyright 2020 Number Trend All Rights Reserved. A FrancordSoft Company.