Mobile Money Business Analyst role is responsible for ownership of Mobile Money common core solution and common functionalities. Such solution will be deployed cross all customer's operating companies in MMEA region. This role will support customer to design group solutions and take a role of solution architect in delivery projects. Business analyst will engage Business Area counterpart to ensure solution is aligned with Ericsson Wallet Platform product best practices and roadmap.
• *Job Responsibilities & Tasks**
• Work closely with customer to build a solution based on the received demands and URS document
• Organize Requirement gathering workshop to ensure all business requirements are captured as input towards R&D
• Support Account Manager in material preparation around Customer's Platform Roadmap with focus on OPCO specific use cases.
• Support HUB MFS Manager to build OPCO Deployment Plan.
• Builds HLD/LLD and ensures sign off from customer's respective stakeholder as part of Demand Technical Governance.
• Educate OPCOs counterpart on MoMo Platform Service catalog.
• Regular gap analysis of use cases and capabilities based on Service catalog versus what is being used to identify growth opportunities.
• Regular analysis of use cases and capabilities that are not generating revenue or usage is showing constant decline trend.
• Ensure proper routing of demand requests through demand management process, enablement request process or Service Request (MS).
• Responsible for technical outcome of the demands.
• Support Head of Mobile Money technology.
• *Key Qualifications**
• Minimum Experience in Fintech/Mobile Money and EWP 3+ years
• Experience in Mobile Money Solution Architecture and design of use cases 2+ years
• Previous BSS or adjacent areas experience required
• Strong leadership skills with focus on team performance
• Result oriented with customer first attitude
• Can handle stressful and ambiguous situations
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
• Self-motivated with strong drive and initiative, collaborative, relating and networking
• Track record as a leader and the ability to work independently preferably with a well-established contact network
• Outgoing personality that finds it easy to cooperate and establish relationships across organizational boundaries and in a global environment
• Good at handling resource planning and competence development
• University degree in Technology or Economics, preferably MSC, MBA or equivalent
• *Why is Ericsson a great place to work?**
Ericsson is world's leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet's greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
TAG: MMEAHJ HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Cote d'Ivoire (CI) || || Abidjan || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log
Req ID: 278484
|Number of Employees||95359|
|Detail||Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology, and people have changed the world: real turning points that have transformed lives, industries, and society as a whole.|
© Copyright 2019 Number Trend All Rights Reserved. A FrancordSoft Company.