Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 73.6 million customers.From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique and Lesotho.
The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200 million people.Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent.Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We’re at our best when we lead and over the past 25 years, as the Company that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved a remarkable list of firsts.We’re immensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continue trailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are.
We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
We have the below vacancy available in our Organisation:
ManagerPrincipal Cyber Intelligence Centre (CIC) based within Technology Business Unit.
The Principal Cyber Intelligence Centre (CIC) Manager will provide the leadership and direction to CIC team for ensuring security operations thereby proactively managing cyber security threat for Vodacom Group of Companies and ensure security breaches in its operational environment are effectively detected, prevented and mitigated.
The post holder will oversee all day-to-day operations, functions, and capabilities in the Vodacom CIC and cooperate with Vodafone Group Incident Response Team on cyber security related threats.Principal CIC Manager will report directly to the Managing Executive:
Cyber Security in Vodacom Group.
You will be a member of the Vodacom Cyber Security Leadership Team helping to shape the overall Vodacom long term Cyber Security Strategy andobjectives.
Your Responsibilities will include:
• Lead the Cyber Intelligence Center team 24x7 to include Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3
• Ownership for the cyber incident detection, handling and response processes.
• Engage with key business stakeholders and operational partners in managing and remediation of cyber related attacks.
• Lead the development and implementation of CIC processes and review their application to ensure that the SOC’s controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively.
• Influence and improve upon existing processes through innovation and operational change.
• Provide management oversight for the identification, triage and response of events or incidents of apparent security breaches
• Develops and monitors key performance indicators, determines gaps in performance metrics, and recommends/executes change management techniques for efficiency/quality improvements.
• Ensures that the CIC meets and exceeds the expectations of internal and external customer based of defined SLAs
• Evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems and identifies opportunities for improvement
• Drive automation and efficiencies through rigorous process documentation and enablement of tools
• Create reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and presentation to Senior Mgmt.
• Define and drive the CIC strategy in line with the broader Technology Security Strategy, ensuring alignment to the relevant internal stakeholders including the Vodacom Group of Companies and Vodafone Group.
• Create a culture of engagement,collaboration and high performance within the CIC function.
• Responsiblefor driving the broader Technology Security Strategy and achievement against this asan active member of the Technology Security Leadership Team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Working experienceof at least 10 years in leading of Cyber Security Operations and managing team of cyber specialists
• Demonstrated ability to be a thought leader and have excellent communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of Security Incident Management and Response
• In-depth knowledge of and experience in securityconcepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, risk management, incident management, threat management, etc.
• Proficient in preparation of reports, dashboards and documentation
• Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders
• Good analytical, problem solving and Interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, post degree qualification
• One or more these industry Cybersecurity Certifications:
CISM, CISA, CISSP
• Experience in identifying the root cause of an incident andrecognize the key elements to investigate with the customer to get the root cause of an incident
• Knowledge of Cyber Operations including Incident Response,Threat Hunting
• NIST Cybersecurity Framework experience
• In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g.
• Experience and proficiency with any ofthe following:
Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensic
• CIC KPI andPerformance Metrics
The base location for this role is Midrand
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion
|Number of Employees||7554|
|Detail||Vodacom is a leading African communications company providing a wide range of communication services, including mobile voice, messaging, data, financial and converged services to over 109 million (including Safaricom) customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, the DRC, Mozambique, Lesotho and Kenya. Our mobile networks cover a population of over 284 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA), we offer business managed services to enterprises in 32 countries. Vodacom is majority owned by Vodafone (60.5% holding), one of the world’s largest communications companies by revenue|
© Copyright 2019 Number Trend All Rights Reserved. A FrancordSoft Company.