Place-: Cape Town
Regional Hyper-Support- RHS West Africa
Service Engineer - Mobile Money
Senior Specialist Software Engineer
Manager: Cyber Intel Centre
Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 73.6 million customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique and Lesotho. The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent. Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We’re at our best when we lead and over the past 20 years, as the Company that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved a remarkable list of firsts. We’re immensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continue trailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
We have the below vacancy available in our Organisation:
The H Band Specialist: Software Engineer position is based within the Technology Business Unit.
The role of the Specialist: Software Engineer is to:
• Be directly responsible for ensuring scalable operational BI platforms
• Be actively involved in crafting and delivering software architectures that are fit for purpose into the future.
• Have in depth knowledge of development software architectures and frameworks especially in Oracle SQL
• Be responsible for compliance to these architectures through automated controls
• Work with SQL and develop ETL solutions
• Work collaboratively with consulting partners and IT teams to ensure high quality of software delivery
• Engage with technology partners, cross-functional IT groups and the Business to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of development in support activities
• Work closely with the Business and IT teams to understand business strategy and contribute to achievement of business goals
• Provide oversight to investigation, analysis and management of technology risks, issues, and dependencies in all programs/projects
• Automate controls and metrics to ensure that the defined architecture is adhered to
• Collaborate with partners to overcome issues impacting service delivery and execute operational improvement initiatives.
• Encourage best practice and knowledge sharing with partners and cross-functional groups
• Manage the overall technical design and delivery of solutions
• Participate in detailed level technical solution definition and design during the implementation phase with the goal of providing reliable, stable and operationally sound applications that meet the Business requirements
• Conduct POCs and pilots and actively scan the asset base to ensure that
• Manage problems as level three support
Core Competencies, Knowledge And Experience
• Very deep technical knowledge of Oracle SQL and stored procedures development technologies and suites required
• Agile and lean programming and development of software systems in large volume environments
• Backlog item estimation
• Knowledge of emerging technologies/industry trends along with the ability to leverage them in application development and support initiatives
• Capable of articulating the business value of IT investments/projects and collaborating with partners and cross-functional groups during implementation
• Adeptness to engage as a consultative face of IT to the Business and enable technology to address business challenges and improve operational efficiency
• Skill to integrate new technologies with existing business initiatives and understanding the business processes and customer needs
• Good understanding of governance framework (roles and responsibilities, escalation and communication process, handoffs and control points)
• Ability to make recommendations as they pertain to improvements in support/development initiatives and facilitate implementation with partners, IT and cross-functional groups within the Business
• Ability to work with multi-national teams, understand and respect cultural diversity and develop messages that help achieve objectives with diverse audiences
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• 3 year degree / diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field is essential
• At least 3-5 years Oracle SQL experience on a Oracle ExaData or similar environment is essential
• Experience working with agile methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban
• Strong knowledge of software architecture principles essential
• Working knowledge of Apex desirable
The base location for this role is Cape Town.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion and is committed to support LGBT+ people at work.
If you do not hear from us within 30 days please deem your application
|Number of Employees||7554|
|Detail||Vodacom is a leading African communications company providing a wide range of communication services, including mobile voice, messaging, data, financial and converged services to over 109 million (including Safaricom) customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, the DRC, Mozambique, Lesotho and Kenya. Our mobile networks cover a population of over 284 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA), we offer business managed services to enterprises in 32 countries. Vodacom is majority owned by Vodafone (60.5% holding), one of the world’s largest communications companies by revenue|
© Copyright 2019 Number Trend All Rights Reserved. A FrancordSoft Company.