Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providingwider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data andconverged services to over 73.6 million customers.From our roots in South Africa, we have grownour mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambiqueand Lesotho.
The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200million people.Through Vodacom BusinessAfrica (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40countries across the continent.Vodafoneis the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We’re at our best when we lead and over the past 25 years, as theCompany that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved aremarkable list of firsts.We’reimmensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continuetrailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate aboutcustomers as we are.
We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we arepassionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to reallyunderstand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and takepersonal accountability for the customer experience.
We have the below vacancy available in our Organisation:
The G Band Senior Specialist:
Software Engineer roleis based within Technology
This role is directly responsiblefor ensuring scalable digital platforms within the company and will be activelyinvolved in crafting and delivering software architectures that are fit forpurpose into the future.The role willhave in depth knowledge of mobile software architectures and frameworks as wellas web platform technology.The rolewill be directly responsible for compliance to these architectures throughmanual and automated controls and will take a very deep and active role inmanaging performance and stability of assets, agile delivery frameworksdeployed and devOps methodologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Define and take accountability for the:
• High-level technical strategy and architecture for web and mobile
• Implementation options for all assigned application initiatives in the organization
• Web and mobile governance processes and structures
• Integrity, stability, performance and scalability of the web an mobile environments
• Work collaboratively with consulting partners and IT teams to ensure high quality of software delivery
• Engage with technology partners, cross-functional IT groups and the Business to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of development in support activities
• Work closely with the Business and IT teams to understand business strategy and contribute to achievement of business goals
• Provide oversight to investigation, analysis and management of technology risks, issues, and dependencies in all programs/projects
• Provide oversight and standards for technical documentation of applications.
• Conduct periodic reviews with partners on SLA's, performance metrics and issues, escalations, change requests and improvement plans.
• Automate controls and metrics to ensure that the defined architecture is adhered to
• Collaborate with partners to overcome issues impacting service delivery and execute operational improvement initiatives.
• Encourage best practice and knowledge sharing with partners and cross-functional groups
• Manage the overall technical design and delivery of solutions
• Participate in detailed level technical solution definition and design during the implementation phase with the goal of providing reliable, stable and operationally sound applications that meet the Business requirements
• Conduct POCs and pilots and actively scan the asset base
Key performance indicators:
• Knowledge of emerging technologies/industry trends along with the ability to leverage them in application development and support initiatives
• Capable of articulating the business value of IT investments/projects and collaborating with partners and cross-functional groups during implementation
• Adeptness to engage as a consultative face of IT to the Business and enable technology to address business challenges and improve operational efficiency
• Skill to integrate new technologies with existing business initiatives and understanding the business processes and customer needs
• Good understanding of governance framework (roles and responsibilities, escalation and communication process, handoffs and control points)
• Ability to make recommendations as they pertain to improvements in support/development initiatives and facilitate implementation with partners, IT and cross-functional groups within the Business
• Ability to work with multi-national teams, understand and respect cultural diversity and develop messages that help achieve objectives with diverse audiences The ideal candidate for this rolewill have:
• Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or other technical related field – essential
• A minimum of 5 to 8 years’ experienceof Strong technical knowledge modern software architecture,agile software development methodologies, database and application technologies and suites required and associated frameworks The base location for this role is, Midrand
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will beconsidered as part of the recruitment process.
As an Equal Opportunitiesemployer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities toapply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciatesand values diversity & inclusion.
|Number of Employees||7554|
|Detail||Vodacom is a leading African communications company providing a wide range of communication services, including mobile voice, messaging, data, financial and converged services to over 109 million (including Safaricom) customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, the DRC, Mozambique, Lesotho and Kenya. Our mobile networks cover a population of over 284 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA), we offer business managed services to enterprises in 32 countries. Vodacom is majority owned by Vodafone (60.5% holding), one of the world’s largest communications companies by revenue|
© Copyright 2019 Number Trend All Rights Reserved. A FrancordSoft Company.