The Hydro Plant Support Engineer will lead the site service activities for hydropower plants in nominated SSA countries. He/she is the primary liaison / point of contact between GE Hydro/Service Leadership, GE Hydro/Engineering, project management, supply chain, the site team, sale team and customers. Scope includes ensuring the completeness of the deliverable solutions of GE Hydro services.
As the Plant Service Engineer, you will:
• Obtain information on hydro power plant assets & setup, mainly on E&M, for the designated areas such as hydro turbine & generator technologies, existing DCS, governing, excitation and other mechanical & electrical BoP systems including customer purchasing plans and Maintenance budget.
• Actively visit customer’s plants (02 plants par month/per customer at least), participate in customer meetings and connect customer needs with our products’ available options and solutions.
• Deliver timely / accurate responses to customer technical inquiries including quick quote proposal and execution (for transactional opportunities) leveraging GE Hydro COEs supports – Sales, Com Ops and COE engineers.
• Provide hands on technical support to customers and field teams for general E&M services and specific upgrades.
• Partner with GE Hydro/SSA sale team for technical discussion with customers.
• Establish and maintain relationships with external and internal parties to ensure that customer requirements are ultimately understood and achieved
• Lead and manage cross-functional teams and coordinating with GE Hydro/Project Manager in executing contract at site
• Facilitate the configuration of control software and parameters based upon the site requirements / specific unit configurations (for control plant support)
• Liaise between customers and GE Hydro/Engineering regarding balance of plant equipment for configuring interfaces, safety protections and control (for control plant support)
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 10 years in Hydropower Electro-mechanical field services i.e. maintenance, installation and commissioning or manufacturing
• Minimum 0f 03 years in engineering
• Strong knowledge and relationship with local customers at Plant level
• Ability and willingness to travel more than 50% of the time
• Strong knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical components of Hydropower,
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to do Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to understand and resolve problems
• A plus for knowledge of VBA, SQL, OPC, ODBC, MODBUS, networking, ALSPA and MarkVIe controls software
• Strong knowledge of / experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to interpret technical drawings, wiring schematics
• Power Generation, Renewable Energy and Hydro experience
• Comfortable providing technical presentations to peers, customers and leadership regarding the details of technical issues and project status
• Strong, self-directed, collaborative team player with interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• English/local language fluency (French for West and Central African countries and Portuguese for Southern Africa countries)
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:
Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya;Nairobi
|Number of Employees||283000|
|Detail||GE works in Ghana to support economic growth through infrastructure development especially in the power, healthcare and transport sectors. GE is working with Ghana’s leaders on plans to develop the critical infrastructure needed for continued energy management in the country. In 2014, GE opened a new 200-capacity permanent office in Accra, with a total of 45 employees – 95% of which are Ghanaians.|
© Copyright  2021 Number Trend All Rights Reserved. A FrancordSoft Company.